Duration: 8 Days
Category: Wildlife Safaris, Walking and Cultural tour
Destinations: Ngorongoro , Bulati, Empakai , Naiyobi, Kamakia ,Oldoinyo Lengai, Lake Natron and Engaruka
- Be able to see huge group of flamingoes in Ngorongoro
- Big five in Ngorongoro Crater
- Oldest Irrigation Systems, graves and maasai culture in Engaruka Ruins
- Flamingoes and herds of zebra in Lake Natron
- Active Volcanic Mountain the Ol doinyo Lengai
Tour Guides Language:
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- For other languages please send a special request prior to your safari -additional fee may apply.
Start in: Arusha/Moshi
End in: Arusha
Recommended Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with UV radiation filtering etc.
- This is a safari program covering some of Northern Circuit Destination whereby you will need armed ranger for any walking safari in these destination
Day 0: Arrival, Tour Briefing and Resting
- You will be picked up from the airport in Moshi (Kilimanjaro International Airport) and be transferred to the booked hotel in Arusha
- Get the safari general briefing from the prepared safari consultant/guide
- Dinner and overnight at the booked hotel in Arusha
Day 1: Drive to Ngorongoro for a game drive
- Drive from Arusha City to Ngorongoro for a game drive
- Arrive in Ngorongoro for a good time for lunch
- Descend to the crater floor to see the Big Five in Ngorongoro
- It only in Ngorongoro where you can spot all the Big Five
- After lunch continue with an afternoon game drive until evening
- In the evening drive to your booked hotel/lodge in Ngorongoro
Day 2: Full day game drive in Ngorongoro
- Have an early morning game drive in Ngorongoro before breakfast
- Afterward drive to the hotel to have breakfast
- After breakfast continue with an afternoon game drive to see the Big Five and have lunch enroute
- In the evening return to the hotel in Ngorongoro for dinner and overnight stay
Day 3: Drive from Ngorongoro Crater to Bulati
- After breakfast early in the morning drive to Nainokanoka village
- There we will set up the camp for you and heading to Olmoti Crater for a day trip
- On your way you will cross the deer of the maasai and you can spot some antelopes and buffaloes
- Inclusive the transport time for the tour will need 8 hours time, 2-3 required by transport, the rest hiking
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Campsite in Bulati Village
Day 4: Tour to Empakai
- After breakfast early in the morning, you will follow the path through open grassland, bush, hills and forest
- Step by step you will get higher and at the end we will reach the edge of the Empakaai Crater
- We will set up the camp for the night
- The hiking track is 9km long and runs about 6 hours.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at the Camp at the edge of the Empakai Village
Day 5: Tour to Naiyobi
- Today we will start at Empakai Village and heading down to the bottom of the Empakai crater
- Down there you will find rainforest and a lake, the habitat for lots of different birds and buffaloes
- After rounding the crater on the edge you will get down to the north-west side and make your way to the Acacia Camp
- The walking distance for today is around 15km in 9 hours.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at the Acacia Camp
Day 6: Tour to Kamakia Camp
- After a delicious breakfast you will start your day with a guided half day trip
- Your driver will pick you up and take you to Lake Natron
- From there you will have the chance to enter the a typical maasai village and get to know their culture
- Today walking will be about 6 km in 5 hours.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Kamakia Camp
Day 7: Ol doinyo Lengai Climb and Tour
- Today you will have an early morning as well
- At 2 a.m the jeep will pick you up and drive to the bottom of the Ol doinyo Lengai
- Get yourself organized for a climb of 2878 meters
- On top of the mountain you will enjoy an awesome sunrise, combined with recreation time
- Afterwards you will start your way back down to the camp
- You return to the camp in the late morning
- In the afternoon you can do an easy hike to the Lake Natron waterfalls (option)
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Kamakia Camp
Day 8: Drive from Lake Natron to Engaruka then to Arusha
- Starting from Mount Ol donyo Lengai you will return to Arusha by car
- On your way you will stop at the ruins of Engaruka
- 500 years ago there were living thousands of farmers
- With a special irrigation system it was possible to cultivate fields
- Today it is still possible to see the canal system, the fields and some of the farmers’ houses and as well the cemetery
- After exploring the place full of culture and history you arrive in Arusha.
- Have dinner and overnight stay at your booked hotel in Arusha City
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private safari guide
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- All meals whist on safari
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebooks.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- International flights
- Tanzanian Visa
- All things of personal nature
- Tips for guides and cooks
- Items not specified in terms and conditions
- Extended tours not specified in the main package
Kindly take note of the following:
Rates are quoted based on two guests sharing and single supplement rates apply on single room occupancy
The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this itinerary
On occasion the itinerary may be in a different order or using alternative lodges according to road conditions and availability.
Other Safari Important Notes
All lodges and camps will have electricity although many work off generators with limited times.
The power supply in Tanzania is nominally 240VAC, 50hz. Variable voltage, spikes and sporadic, unexpected, unscheduled power cuts of varying duration can be expected.
- INTERNAL FLIGHTS/BAGGAGE
Please note each passenger is only allowed a total of 15kgs of checked and carry-on luggage combined, and must be in small soft-sided bags. This is strictly enforced by airlines and outside of our control. extra luggage can be left in storage in Arusha (by arrangement prior to travel
- YELLOW FEVER
It may be required to show a Yellow Fever certificate upon entering the country visited. Please check in with your local health expert for advice on Yellow Fever and other inoculations required for this area.
Please note all accommodation listed below is not guaranteed, but is indicative of the types of accommodation used.
- COMBO TRIP
Please note that this tour combines with other New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel after your trip concludes.