Duration: 3 Days
Category: Outbound Tour
Destinations: Masai Mara
- Spots of Wildebeest Annual Migration in Masai Mara
- Hippo pool along side with crocodile
Tour Guides Language:
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- For other languages please send a special request prior to your safari -additional fee may apply.
Start in: Nairobi
End in: Nairobi
Recommended Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with UV radiation filtering etc.
- This is a safari program covering some of Kenya Destination whereby you will need armed ranger/guide for any walking safari in this destination
Day 0: Arrival, Tour Briefing and Resting
- You will be picked up from the airport in Nairobi ( Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) and be transferred to the booked hotel in Nairobi
- Get the safari general briefing from the prepared safari consultant/guide
- Dinner and overnight stay at your booked hotel in Nairobi
Day 1: Drive from Nairobi to Masai Mara for a game drive
- We will pick you from your hotel in Nairobi after breakfast
- Depart for Masai Mara game reserve stopping at the view point of the Great Rift Valley and at Narok town for lunch
- Arrive in time for a late afternoon or early evening game drive in this park that is essentially the northern extension of Tanzania’s Serengeti national park as an artificial border separates the two
- This park animal concentration is second and the big five can be spotted here
- The Mara’s landscape is scenic savannah grassland on rolling hills which enables the reserve to attract sufficient rainfall to maintain and support a large population of herbivores together with the predators
- Proceed to the campsite for dinner and overnight stay in Masai Mara
Day 2: Full day game drive in Masai Mara
- After breakfast early in the morning have a full day of game viewing with a picnic lunch at the Hippo pool
- Have a good opportunity of spotting Hippos and crocodiles basking in the sun at a close distance
- Mara is renowned for its great herds of plains game and virtually every type of wildlife to be found in Kenya
- This is also where the annual migration of close 800,000 zebras and wild beast takes place between the two parks in early July to September
- The animals’ move as a great mass across the savannah in a follow the leader fashion, they follow the rains and when they arrive from Serengeti there is new succulent grass
- They return to Serengeti when the grass begins to whither and when rains are over
- Return to the campsite in time for dinner and overnight stay in Masai Mara
Day 3: Half day game drive in Masai Mara then drive to Nairobi
- Have an early breakfast followed by your final half day game tracking with your guide
- In this park that is rich of wildlife
- Break for a while in the afternoon to have picnic lunch and afterward you will be on your way back to Nairobi
- You will be arriving in Nairobi in the evening, with full of good memories of your trip as you will have seen the best of Kenya destination
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private safari guide
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- All meals whist on safari
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebooks.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- International flights
- Tanzanian Visa
- All things of personal nature
- Tips for guides and cooks
- Items not specified in terms and conditions
- Extended tours not specified in the main package
Kindly take note of the following:
Rates are quoted based on two guests sharing and single supplement rates apply on single room occupancy
The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this itinerary
On occasion the itinerary may be in a different order or using alternative lodges according to road conditions and availability.
Other Safari Important Notes
All lodges and camps will have electricity although many work off generators with limited times.
The power supply in Tanzania is nominally 240VAC, 50hz. Variable voltage, spikes and sporadic, unexpected, unscheduled power cuts of varying duration can be expected.
- INTERNAL FLIGHTS/BAGGAGE
Please note each passenger is only allowed a total of 15kgs of checked and carry-on luggage combined, and must be in small soft-sided bags. This is strictly enforced by airlines and outside of our control. extra luggage can be left in storage in Arusha (by arrangement prior to travel
- YELLOW FEVER
It may be required to show a Yellow Fever certificate upon entering the country visited. Please check in with your local health expert for advice on Yellow Fever and other inoculations required for this area.
Please note all accommodation listed below is not guaranteed, but is indicative of the types of accommodation used.
- COMBO TRIP
Please note that this tour combines with other New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel after your trip concludes.