Duration: 5 Days
Category: Outbound Tour
- Gorilla Tracking in Uganda
- Lake Mburo
Tour Guides Language:
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- For other languages please send a special request prior to your safari -additional fee may apply.
Start in: Kampala
End in: Kampala
Recommended Packing list: Camera with enough zoom and memory space and extra batteries, binoculars, light clothes, safari boot, mosquito repellents, sunhat, sunglasses with UV radiation filtering etc.
- This is a safari program covering some of Uganda Destination whereby you will need armed ranger/guide for any walking safari in this destination
Day 0: Arrival, Tour Briefing and Resting
- You will be picked up from the airport in Kampala ( Entebbe International Airport) and be transferred to the booked hotel in Kampala
- Get the safari general briefing from the prepared safari consultant/guide
- Dinner and overnight stay at your booked hotel in Kampala
Day 1: Drive to the Gorilla Tracking in Uganda
- After breakfast early in the morning departure for the south with stops at the craft village at the Uganda Equator for pictures and shopping
- After lunch at the Lakeview hotel in Mbarara, proceed through the beautiful evergreen mountain country referred to as the Little Switzerland
- Arrive late evening for dinner and overnight at Gorilla Resort Camp or Uganda Safari Lodge
Day 2: Gorilla tours
- After an early breakfast leave your hotel for a gorilla tour
- Briefing by Park ranger guides
- Later with picnic lunch, start a 30 minutes – 8 hours strenuous trek to find the Mountain gorillas
- Overnight at Gorilla Resort Camp and Lodge
Day 3: Gorilla Tracking in Uganda
- After an early breakfast leave your hotel for gorilla tracking in Uganda
- With picnic lunch, take a second chance tracking the gorillas
- Continue tracking the gorilla the whole day
- Return to your accommodations for dinner and overnight at Gorilla Resort Camp and Lodge
Day 4: Uganda Tour to Lake Mburo
- After a morning breakfast leave for Lake Mburo Tour
- Transfer to Mbarara for lunch before heading into the Lake Mburo Park for an afternoon game viewing
- The park has a variety of animals such as zebra, hippopotamus, impala, warthog, common eland, African buffalo, jackal, African leopard, and over three hundred (300) bird species.
- Continue with game viewing until evening
- Have dinner and overnight stay at Lake MburoMihingo Lodge
Day 5: Half day game drive and transfer to Kampala
- After a morning early breakfast leave your hotel for game viewing
- Have a morning game viewing in the park
- Game in the park includes; Zebra, Impala, Eland, Topi, Hippo and a variety of woodland bird species
- Continue with a game viewing until afternoon
- In the afternoon break for a while to have lunch
- After lunch, depart for Kampala
- Arrive in Kampala for a good time for dinner and overnight stay included in your booked hotel in Kampala
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in the above mentioned en suite tented camps and lodges
- Private safari guide
- Private 4 x 4 safari jeep with pop up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions between the International Airport
- Park fees
- Crater fees
- All meals whist on safari
- On safari – Vehicles equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebooks.
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- International flights
- Tanzanian Visa
- All things of personal nature
- Tips for guides and cooks
- Items not specified in terms and conditions
- Extended tours not specified in the main package
Kindly take note of the following:
Rates are quoted based on two guests sharing and single supplement rates apply on single room occupancy
The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this itinerary
On occasion the itinerary may be in a different order or using alternative lodges according to road conditions and availability.
Other Safari Important Notes
All lodges and camps will have electricity although many work off generators with limited times.
The power supply in Tanzania is nominally 240VAC, 50hz. Variable voltage, spikes and sporadic, unexpected, unscheduled power cuts of varying duration can be expected.
- INTERNAL FLIGHTS/BAGGAGE
Please note each passenger is only allowed a total of 15kgs of checked and carry-on luggage combined, and must be in small soft-sided bags. This is strictly enforced by airlines and outside of our control. extra luggage can be left in storage in Arusha (by arrangement prior to travel
- YELLOW FEVER
It may be required to show a Yellow Fever certificate upon entering the country visited. Please check in with your local health expert for advice on Yellow Fever and other inoculations required for this area.
Please note all accommodation listed below is not guaranteed, but is indicative of the types of accommodation used.
- COMBO TRIP
Please note that this tour combines with other New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel. As such, the staff and some travel companions on your tour may have previously been traveling together with New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel, prior to Day 1 of your tour. Likewise, some staff and travel companions may be continuing together on another New Sunset Budget Safari and Travel after your trip concludes.