Web Admin | Nov 15, 2018 | 0
3 Day Lake Eyasi Cultural Tour
This day trip to lake Eyasi is ideal for cultural tour enthusiasts. The trip offers hadzabe indigenous tribe cultural interactions like hunting and other cultural exchange. Hadzabe are typical hunters and gatherers for honey and insect in the bush.
Lake Eyasi is an endorheic salt-lake on the floor of the East Africa Great Rift Valley at the base of the Serengeti Plateau and just south of the Serengeti National Park and proximately southwest of the Ngorongoro Crater.
The lake is seasonal, elongated, orientated southwest to northeast, and lies in the Eyasi-Wembere branch of the Great Rift Valley. During the dry season the lake may dry up almost entirely, especially in drier years, so that Datooga herders and Hadza foragers will cross the lake on foot, but in heavy rains years it may flood its banks and attract hippopotamus from the Serengeti. It is a seasonal stop for migrating flamingos.
ITINERARY DESCRIPTION BY DAY
DAY 1: ARUSHA TO LAKE EYASI (6HRS)
- Trip briefing
- Wake up early in the morning and transfer to Lake Eyasi
- Lunch at Tindiga tented camp
- Walking around lake eyasi shores to see different species of birds and fishing activities,
- Exploring the Lake – if visited during dry season, walking through the dried lake and the bush
DAY 2: LOCAL PEOPLE VISIT, DATOGA AND HADZABE
- Visit either one or more than one of the local homes, churches, market, schools, chat with local people, take pictures etc
DAY 3: SPECIAL PLACES VISIT
- Visit onion plantations,
- Walking around the village to see local drinks,
- Visit hot spring.
- Drive back to Arusha